Don’t Just Swim, Swim-Smart
- Classes are available at more than a dozen different times each week. We limit classes to no more than four students per teacher.
- Prices are $88/month, which gets your or your child one 30-minute class every week. Enroll two children and save 10 percent on the second child’s lessons. Additional savings are available through our Key program (ask for details).
To get started, just call (504) 909-2220 or e-mail us.
Discover the Swim-Smart Advantage
- Swim and learn year round in our own, indoor, private swimming pool (click here for directions).
- Clean water, showers and changing rooms. The water is a comfortable 88° all the time.
- Our certified teachers have a combined experience of more than 75 years, and follow the standardized Swim Schools International curriculum. >All teachers are trained in First Aid, CPR and oxygen administration.
Why a Regular Schedule is Better
The novelty of swimming lessons only once a week makes it more fun than going to lessons every day and is easier on the adults’ schedules.
- Our 30-minute classes offer just enough time to catch the swimmers’ attention and still not tire them out too much.
- The steady progression reinforced by weekly repetition means swimmers will retain their skills longer.
- A regular routine helps make swimmers more comfortable and confident in the water.
The American Pediatric Association is concerned with parents having a false sense of security with regard to young children who learn to swim very quickly, such as an everyday class for a few weeks followed by nothing.
All teachers for Swim-Smart @ Harry’s are certified and insured.
According to the American Institute for Preventative Medicine, drowning is the second leading cause of accidental death among children under 14, and the leading cause of accidental death for children under the age of five. The US Consumer Product Safety Commission reports that a child can drown in the time it takes to answer the phone.
As a member of the National Drowning Prevention Alliance (NDPA.org), Swim-Smart offers a free, 30-minute, interactive water safety presentation for children ages three to twelve. The presentation includes full-color posters of children practicing important safety rules in and around the water.
These presentations take place the first Saturday of every month, from 2:00-2:30 pm. Everyone is welcome and we especially invite schools, daycare centers and churches. Parents, teachers and other adults are also welcome as the presentation contains important information for all ages.